SKEDit is an application that sends scheduled WhatsApp messages using Android Automation.
This article contains the following sections:
- Enable Accessibility
- Disable Battery Optimization
- Enable Necessary App Permissions
- Have an active internet connection at the scheduled time
- Do NOT schedule two or more messages to the exact same time
- Disable your screen lock or enable ‘Ask me before sending’
- Naming Conventions
- Change the default name for a Broadcast List
Follow the below guidelines to ensure delivery reliability and improve your experience with SKEDit.
If your device is OFF at the scheduled time or does NOT have an Internet connection, SKEDit will not be able to proceed with automation.
Enable Accessibility & Disable Battery Optimization for SKEDit in your device’s settings.
On some Android devices / OS, battery optimization will automatically disable accessibility services without notifying you, causing messages to fail at the scheduled time.
If your device keeps asking you to enable Accessibility, even after doing so, please read our article on:
- SKEDit keeps asking me to enable accessibility, but i already did
- How to Set Up SKEDit Settings on your Android Device
Always make sure Accessibility is enabled for SKEDit.
Do NOT schedule two or more messages at the same time.
Time conflict in scheduled messages will lead to failure or delivery issues (e.g. recipient mismatch).
Keep in mind that if you schedule a message with many recipients, you should space it a couple of minutes apart from the next scheduled message to avoid conflict, depending on how many contacts are added to the recipients’ field.
You can enjoy SKEDit in two different ways. Choose the one suitable for your needs:
Disable Screen Lock to send messages while away from the device:
For this option, you need to remove the screen lock (set it to Swipe or None) or any kind of key-guard (e.g., Passcode / Fingerprint for WhatsApp), so that SKEDit can open the device at the scheduled time.
To change the screen lock for your device, see How to Set Up SKEDit Settings on your Android Device.
Enable ‘Ask me before sending’:
This option will prompt you with a notification, at the scheduled time, to choose to either send, edit, or cancel the message.
To enable ‘Ask me before sending’ follow the steps below:
- Open SKEDit and tap + to open scheduling services
- Select WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business
- In the Scheduling Screen, under the message field, turn the ‘Ask me before sending’ toggle ON
- This way, there is NO need to disable your screen lock
- At the scheduled time you will receive a notification
- Open the notification panel and press Send. (Note: If you tap "Send" without unlocking the device, the sending will fail)
- Sit back while SKEDit proceeds with automation.
- Two (or more) contacts / groups / broadcast list should NOT have the same name.
- For the contact matching process to be successful, make sure that the first 12 letters of the selected recipient's name are NOT a match with another recipient’s name
- Avoid using emojis in a contact’s name. This can cause a recipient mismatch or a message failure.
- Avoid naming contacts with an Ascending Order ID preceding the name. When IDs go higher than 100, SKEDit might not find the respective contact to forward the message to, resulting in that contact missing the scheduled message.
Change the default name for a Broadcast List before scheduling
When creating a Broadcast List, ALWAYS make sure to change the default name given to that list.
- For scheduling to a Broadcast list, please refer to the article on How-To schedule messages to WhatsApp Broadcast lists
If you found this information helpful, please leave us an upvote by pressing the "YES" button at the end of this article (See picture below).
The number of upvotes helps us understand what content is relevant to our users, which results in an improved Knowledge Base. Thank you for using SKEDit!