SKEDit is a scheduling app for automating messages, but it's essential to understand how to manage your device's screen lock for seamless scheduling. In this article, we will explore three different ways to enjoy SKEDit while ensuring your messages are sent as planned.
Option 1: Disable Screen Lock
One way to use SKEDit effectively is to disable your device's screen lock. This means changing it to Swipe or None. By doing so, SKEDit can open your device at the scheduled time and send your messages without any obstacles.
To disable your screen lock, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your device's settings.
- Look for the "Security" or "Lock Screen" section.
- Select "Screen Lock" or a similar option.
- Choose "Swipe" or "None" to disable the screen lock.
By following these steps, SKEDit will be able to access your device at the scheduled time and send your messages automatically.
Option 2: Enable 'Ask me before sending'
If you prefer to keep your screen lock enabled for security reasons, SKEDit offers another option: 'Ask me before sending.' This feature prompts you with a notification at the scheduled time, allowing you to choose whether to send, edit, or cancel the message.
To enable 'Ask me before sending,' follow these simple steps:
- Open the SKEDit app on your device.
- Tap the "+" icon to access scheduling services.
- Select either WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business, depending on your preference.
- In the scheduling screen, under the message field, turn on the 'Ask me before sending' toggle.
With this option activated, you won't need to disable your screen lock. When the scheduled time arrives, you will receive a notification.
Here's how to proceed with sending your message:
- Open the notification panel on your device.
- Press "Send" to send the message.
Please note that if you tap "Send" without unlocking your device, the sending process may fail.
Option 3: Enable ’Smart Lock’
Smart Lock is a built-in feature in Android devices that allows you to keep your phone unlocked under specific circumstances, such as when it's connected to trusted Bluetooth devices or in predefined trusted locations, like your home. This feature lets you bypass the screen lock (e.g., PIN, password, or fingerprint) temporarily, ensuring quick access to your device when you need it, while maintaining security for sensitive apps and data.
How to Enable and Use Smart Lock:
To enable and use Smart Lock on your Android device, follow the below steps. The path to the Smart Lock settings may vary slightly depending on your device.
Phone Settings > Security & Privacy > More Security Settings > Smart Lock.
Adding Trusted Places and Devices:
- Trusted Places: You can add multiple trusted places, such as "Home" and "Work," ensuring that your phone remains unlocked at these locations. Remember to enable location services for this feature to work effectively.
- Trusted Devices: Trusted devices can include your smartwatch, home speaker, or car Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled when connecting to a trusted device.
By following these straightforward steps, you can keep your phone unlocked when using SKEDit, without compromising your personal data's safety.
SKEDit provides convenient ways to schedule and ensures that your messages are sent as planned, providing flexibility and security according to your preferences. Choose the option that best suits your needs, and enjoy the benefits of hassle-free message scheduling with SKEDit.