SKEDit is an application that sends scheduled WhatsApp messages using Android Automation.
This article contains the following sections:
- Enable Accessibility
- Disable Battery Optimization
- Enable Necessary App Permissions
- Have an active internet connection at the scheduled time
- Do NOT schedule two or more messages to the exact same time
- Disable your screen lock or enable ‘Ask me before sending’
- Naming Conventions
- Change the default name for a Broadcast List
Follow the below guidelines to ensure delivery reliability and improve your experience with SKEDit.
Enable Accessibility for SKEDit in your device’s settings.
If your device keeps asking you to enable Accessibility, even after doing so, please read our article on:
- SKEDit keeps asking me to enable accessibility, but i already did
- SKEDit Is Not Working Properly on My Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo and Other Chinese Devices
Disable Battery Optimization.
On some Android devices / OS, battery optimization will automatically disable accessibility services without notifying you, causing messages to fail at the scheduled time. So, always make sure Accessibility is still enabled for SKEDit.
- In SKEDit, go to the WhatsApp Scheduling screen
- Press "Change battery optimization"
- Go to "All apps" > scroll down to find SKEDit > Disable. It should then show in the list of "disabled apps".
Enable Necessary App Permissions
- Open Settings
- Tap Apps
- Search for SKEDit
- Tap permissions
- Allow Contacts, SMS, Storage, Telephone
Do NOT schedule two or more messages at the same time.
Time conflict in scheduled messages will lead to failure or delivery issues (e.g. recipient mismatch).
Keep in mind that if you schedule a message with many recipients, you should space it a couple of minutes apart from the next scheduled message to avoid conflict, depending on how many contacts are added to the recipients’ field.
Do NOT attach more than 30 files per schedule
WhatsApp has a limitation of 30 attachments per scheduled message. Make sure not to attach more than 30 files to your schedule.
You can enjoy SKEDit in two different ways. Choose the one suitable for your needs:
Disable Screen Lock to send messages while away from the device:
For this option, you need to remove the screen lock (set it to Swipe or None) or any kind of key-guard (e.g., Passcode / Fingerprint for WhatsApp), so that SKEDit can open the device at the scheduled time.
To change the screen lock:
- In SKEDit, go to the WhatsApp Scheduling screen
- Press “Change Screen Lock”
- Under Screen lock type select either Swipe or None
If your device has the option "Screen Saver" please, disable it to
avoid locking the screen during the sending process.
Enable ‘Ask me before sending’:
This option will prompt you with a notification, at the scheduled time, to choose to either send, edit, or cancel the message.
To enable ‘Ask me before sending’ follow the steps below:
- Open SKEDit and select the WhatsApp tab that corresponds to your account (either WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business) to be redirected to the Scheduling Screen
- In the Scheduling Screen, under the message field, turn the ‘Ask me before sending’ toggle ON
- This way, there is NO need to disable your screen lock
- At the scheduled time you will receive a notification
- Open the notification panel and press Send.
- Sit back while SKEDit proceeds with automation.
- Two (or more) contacts should NOT have the same name.
- For the contact matching process to be successful, make sure that the first 18 letters of the selected recipient's name are NOT a match with another recipient’s name
- Do NOT name a WhatsApp group with the same name as another contact or another group/list.
- Do NOT name a WhatsApp Broadcast List with the same name as another contact or another group/list.
- Avoid using emojis in a contact’s name. This can cause a recipient mismatch or a message failure.
- Avoid naming contacts with an Ascending Order ID preceding the name. When IDs go higher than 100, SKEDit might not find the respective contact to forward the message to, resulting in that contact missing the scheduled message.
Tip: You can use the contact's phone number as an ID, preceding the contact's name. A phone number is a unique ID, which will not result in multiple similar matches during the searching process.
Change the default name for a Broadcast List before scheduling
When creating a Broadcast List, ALWAYS make sure to change the default name given to that list.
- For scheduling to a Broadcast list, please refer to the article on How-To schedule messages to WhatsApp Broadcast lists
- If your device is OFF at the scheduled time or does NOT have an Internet connection, SKEDit will not be able to proceed with automation.
Note: Scheduling to Broadcast Lists is temporarily unavailable (see
Issue: SKEDit cannot find WhatsApp Broadcast List)
If you found this information helpful, please leave us an upvote by pressing the "YES" button at the end of this article (See picture below).
The number of upvotes helps us understand what content is relevant to our users, which results in an improved Knowledge Base. Thank you for using SKEDit!